Friday, August 11, 2017

Trade with Rekindling the Cardboard Flame

First off, remember that tomorrow is National Baseball Card Day! Here is the list of participating card shops where you can get free cards.


Speaking of new cards, Tyler of Rekindling the Cardboard Flame set me a bunch of 2017 base cards. I had mentioned at the start of the trade-a-thon that I had almost no 2017, and people have sent me lots of Archives, Heritage, Gypsy Queen, Bowman, etc but up to now very few base cards. Tyler sent me 20 or so which finally put me in double digits. I've added the set to my wantlist so you can see the 675 or so cards I still need for the set.
 I'm pretty unhappy about the change to the back of the cards. I saw Jim Johnson on the Braves and thought to myself, "Is this the same guy who used to be an Oriole"? You could always rely on Topps for the full career stats on the back. Not anymore.
 He also sent several dozen cards from the 2016 Topps Update set. Another reason I am not thrilled with the 2017 set is that it looks too much like 2017, both of them with the diagonal line in the corner being the only real design element. I know I will always be confusing them when I seen them in the years to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment