Monday, March 12, 2018

Baseball card story from Brian Lesher

Outfielder Brian Lesher played for the A's, Mariners and Blue Jays from 1996 to 2002. In 108 games he hit .224 with 9 HR and 38 RBI. Now a coach at Newark Charter School in Delaware, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I collected cards as a kid and to have a baseball card myself was really cool. The most memorable story as a kid was when I bought a Jackie Robinson rookie for $20 probably around ‘83. My father's friend thought it was ridiculous and said I would never be able to get my money back if I sold it back to dealer. Long story short we went back to store and  the dealer bought it back...only now I realize because looking over my shoulder was my father's friend probably staring down the dealer in disgust. Not sure what it’s worth today but I wish I still had it."
 
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment